Plex’s expansive live TV catalog offers tons of free content from AMC and other premium networks. And now, Plex users can access a total of 200 free channels thanks to the addition of new holiday-focused programming.
The Plex Free Live TV service opened in 2020, and it’s now one of the most defining features of the Plex app. You don’t have to set up a complicated or expensive media server to access these free channels—you just register a free Plex account and start streaming! (Of course, Plex also offers tons of free on-demand content, including several popular shows and movies.)
Here are all the new channels offered by Plex:
- Christmas Lights: A dedicated channel for Christmas lights and music.
- Eddie’s Wonderland: Celebrate the holidays with Eddie’s favorite holiday movies.
- Discover Film: Short films, animations, and documentaries from around the world.
- COMMUNE: A channel that’s all about mindfulness and yoga.
- Cindie Lite (Latin America, Brazil): A collection of films and movies from CiNDiE, OutThere, and PawTime.
To watch Plex Free Live TV, simply download Plex on your smart TV, streaming stick, phone, or tablet. You can also try Plex in your browser if you’d like a quick look at what it has to offer.
Of course, Plex is best known as a custom media server tool. If you’d like to build your own “streaming service” using personal media files (movies, music, etc), I suggest reading our guide on building a Plex server.