Few things in life are worse than missing a Steam sale. Thankfully, Valve just shared the bulk of its 2022 schedule to prepare developers for upcoming events. You’re probably not a game developer, but hey, you can still plug these dates into your calendar to avoid missing Steam sales throughout 2022.
Some of Steam’s upcoming sales, namely those in the second half of 2022, are still under wraps. But here’s every Steam sale listed in the Steamworks Documentation:
- Lunar New Year: January 27th – February 3rd
- Next Fest (Demo Event, Not a Sale): February 21st – February 28th
- Remote Play Together: February 28th – March 7th
- JRPG: March 14th – March 21st
- SimFest Hobby Edition: March 28th – April 4th
- Die-a-Lot: May 2nd – May 9th
- Spring Sale: End of May
- Racing: May 23rd – May 30th
- Summer Sale: June 23rd – July 7th
- Survival: July 18th – July 25th
- Halloween Sale: End of October
- Black Friday/Autumn Sale: End of November
- Winter Sale: End of December
Bear in mind that the annual Halloween, Black Friday, and Winter Steam sales aren’t listed in the company’s documentation. We’re simply including them in our list because they kick off around the same time each year. (We also listed the Next Fest event, which is a try-before-you-buy bonanza, not a sale.)
Additionally, Steam says it will now let publishers discount their games every four weeks instead of every six weeks, so we should see more flash sales on individual titles or collections this year. The company will also prevent publishers from discounting games by less than 10%.
To fully take advantage of these sales, I suggest adding every game you want to your Steam wishlist and setting up wishlist notifications. That way, Steam will email or text you every time a game in your wishlist is on sale.