Not to keep you in the dark, we’ve rounded up the best rechargeable flashlights to buy right now. They use powerful LED bulbs that are brighter, longer lasting, more energy efficient, eco-friendly, portable, waterproof, and shockproof. They’re also tactical self-defense tools in disguise.
A good rechargeable flashlight can be used indoors and outdoors, including at home, while driving, dog-walking, camping, hiking, hunting, boating, or for general use and emergencies. But before we recommend which to buy, let’s shed some light on some key factors to consider.
- Brightness: Although candela is the proper unit for measuring brightness, for the purpose of this roundup and like manufacturers, we’ll use lumen (a measure of luminous intensity). The flashlights below range from 900 to 3,500 lumens. For context, a 300-lumen light can travel more than 50 meters.
- Battery and Runtime: As expected, rechargeable flashlights are battery-powered, and these are no exceptions. The flashlights in this roundup have or use rechargeable batteries starting from 2,600mAh upwards. Runtime ranges from 6 to 24 hours on low power mode.
- Light Modes: Speaking of light modes, most of the items in our roundup have five light modes, including high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS. This allows you to use them in different scenarios, including low-light conditions.
- Dimensions and Weight: Rechargeable flashlights are often pocket-sized allowing for easy carriage and mobility. They’re also lightweight but strong enough to do damage when used in tactical self-defense. Our selection ranges from 3.36 to 15.5 ounces.
- IP Rating: Ingress Protection (IP) rating lets you know how much moisture or particulate exposure your flashlight can withstand. Items in our roundup have IP ratings ranging from IP X5 (water-resistant) to IP 65 (waterproof). This rating means they’re suited for all weather conditions.
- ✓ Up to 900 lumens
- ✓ Up to 200 meters bright light sweep
- ✓ Large capacity long-lasting battery
- ✓ Long service life up to 50,000 hours
- ✓ Shockproof and water-resistant
- ✗ Long charge time
- ✗ Use of micro USB cable
The Anker Bolder LC90 is our top pick for the best rechargeable flashlight. This pocket-sized 6.3-ounce 900-lumen CREE LED zoomable flashlight can sweep bright light across 660 feet or 200 meters; the length of two football fields. It can also illuminate objects up to 1,000 feet away and works even at 14 degrees Fahrenheit. With such capabilities, there’s literally no hiding from the powerful beams of this sturdy yet affordable rechargeable flashlight.
The Anker Bolder LC90 uses a 3,350mAh battery capable of producing high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS lights. In medium light mode, it can emit non-diminishing bright light for up to six hours, the same time it takes to reach full charge via micro USB. Its LED bulbs have a 50,000-hour lifespan. IPX5-rated, this tough guy is water resistant and shockproof. It’s made of scratch-resistant anodized aluminum, has anti-slip grips, and can be used in tactical self-defense, thanks to its long handle and scalloped bezel.
Anker Bolder LC90 Rechargeable Flashlight
The Anker Bolder LC90 is a zoomable 900-lumen tactical flashlight that is both feature and price perfect.
- ✓ Up to 1,000 lumens
- ✓ Up to 600 feet long-range beam
- ✓ Four light modes supported
- ✓ Long-lasting performance
- ✓ One-tap off switch
- ✗ Battery not included
- ✗ Too light for a tactical light
The Hoxida Rechargeable Flashlight is our top pick for the best budget rechargeable flashlight. This lightweight 1,000-lumen flashlight weighs only 3.36 ounces but punches well-above above its weight. It can beam its zoomable light 600 feet almost like the Anker Bolder LC90. It has four light modes (high, medium, COB, and strobe) and can run for 10 hours in low mode. Although batteries aren’t included, it can reach full charge in three hours.
IPX6-rated, this rugged rechargeable flashlight has a drop resistance of one meter and is equally waterproof. It has a magnetic base for hands-free use and COB sidelights that can come in handy, for instance, when working under the hood of your car at night. It has a belt or pocket clip. To power off the flashlight, simply tap once and hold for two seconds. It also doubles as a tactical weapon. For instance, you can use the strobe light to disorient an aggressor and hit them if they further attack you.
Hoxida Rechargeable Flashlight
This 1,000-lumen waterproof flashlight lasts up to 10 hours, has four light modes, is lightweight, and light on your pocket.
- ✓ 1,000-lumen zoomable light output
- ✓ Up to 600 feet coverage
- ✓ Up to 10-hour battery life in low mode
- ✓ Long service lifespan of 60,000 hours
- ✓ Strong magnetic tails
- ✗ Output less than advertised
- ✗ No medium light mode
The iToncs Rechargeable Flashlight is our best recommendation for home use. You can use it during a power outage or for searching poorly lit areas like the basement, loft, or under a bed. At 1,000 lumens, this T6 Focus zoomable torch can stream bright light up to 600 feet and can last for 10 hours in low mode with a 60,000-hour LED lifespan. It comes with rechargeable overcharge-protected batteries. However, remember to remove the battery insulation sheet before first use.
The iToncs rechargeable flashlight supports high, low, COB, and SOS light modes. It has a strong magnetic tail that easily attaches to metal surfaces for hands-free use. For instance, during an outage, you can attach it to your metal ceiling fan and the COB sidelights will keep your home well-lit until power is restored. To power off in any mode, simply press the switch and hold for one to three seconds. It has an IP 65 rating, is waterproof, and can withstand high-altitude drops. Made of aluminum, this 10.5-ouncer can prove to be a handy self-defense tool.
iToncs LED Rechargeable Flashlight
The iToncs 1,000-lumen rechargeable flashlight lights up your home for up to 10 hours and can scan a 600 feet perimeter.
- ✓ 2x 3,500-lumen flashlights for emergency backup
- ✓ Powerful 3,000 mAh battery lasts up to 12 hours in low mode
- ✓ Supports five light modes
- ✓ IPX7 rating for adverse outdoor conditions
- ✓ 15.5 ounce of tactical self-defense against attacks in the wild
- ✗ May get hot after extended use
- ✗ OEM battery life can be disappointing
When it comes to travel and camping, the Karrong Rechargeable Flashlight is your best bet. It’s compact and can easily fit in your pocket, backpack, or car where it can also charge while you drive. This zoomable torch uses a 3,000 mAh battery, produces 3,500 lumens of non-diminishing light covering 500 meters, and can run for 12 hours in low mode. It supports high, medium, low, strobe, and SOS light modes.
It has an IPX7 rating, is shockproof, waterproof, and can be used in all weather conditions. Made from aviation-grade aluminum and weighing 15.5 ounces, the Karong rechargeable flashlight doubles as a tactical self-defense tool. You can use it to ward off animal attacks while out camping. It has a lanyard that you can easily hook and unhook from your tent roof. They come in pairs for emergency backup and can reach full charge in three hours. However, confirm that both are fully charged and in fact working before packing. You can tell from the power display indicators.
Karrong Rechargeable Flashlight
This 3,500-lumen 3,000 mAh zoomable tactical flashlight is IPX7-rated; your perfect companion for travel and camping.
- ✓ Up to 2,000 lumens output
- ✓ Long-lasting battery and all day run time in low mode
- ✓ Waterproof and two-meter shockproof
- ✓ Multiple charging options
- ✓ Dual power switches with Intuitive mode selector
- ✗ Pricey
- ✗ Low-quality switch
The Streamlight 78101 Rechargeable Flashlight is the best rechargeable flashlight for work because it does the job. This zoomable body-mounted rechargeable flashlight produces 2,000 lumens of light at its brightest. This can stream a 315-meter beam of non-diminishing ultra-bright light for two straight hours. Its 2,600 mAh Li-ion battery packs are overcharge-protected and good for up to 500 charging cycles. Each charge takes six to eight hours to reach full capacity.
The Streamlight 78101 features dual but independent head-tail power switches with intuitive mode selectors. This allows you to switch from high, medium, or low light modes to strobe by a simple double-tap. It can be used for target identification by security personnel, search and rescue missions, low light photography, and welding, among others. IPX7 rated, this TAA-compliant flashlight has two-meter impact resistance and is waterproof. Made of aluminum and non-slip rubberized side panels, it weighs 12.3 ounces and doubles as a handy tactical weapon for self-defense. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty and can serve you for more than 10 years.
Streamlight 78101 Rechargeable Flashlight
The Streamlight 78101 is a 2,000-lumen zoomable, shockproof, waterproof, and quad mode flashlight