What to Look For
Fast chargers allow you the opportunity to greatly reduce your charging time, giving you a full day’s power in minutes. However, some fast chargers are better than others for your phone and your needs. With that said, here are a few things you need to keep in mind when looking for the perfect fast charger for your phone.
- Power Output: Of course, if you’re looking for a fast android charger, you can expect them to have a higher power output than the average brick. That said, some fast chargers have an even higher power output and will charge your phone quicker than others. For the best smartphone charge, you’ll want to start your search in the 45 Watt range.
- Safety: When fast charging bricks first came out, there were issues with heat dissipation and even the risk of phone damage. Chargers have come a long way since then, but you’ll still want to make sure you buy a brick with seamless construction, as well as one that syncs well with your phone’s battery and charging capabilities.
- Longevity: When you purchase a fast charging brick, you should expect it to last a long time while continuously offering you the power you need. Avoid buying from companies that use cheaply designed parts, and try to buy bricks that use GaN (gallium nitride), which will help to extend the charger’s life.
- Portability: Fast chargers a made of more materials than standard chargers, which usually means they will be bigger as well. However, there are plenty of travel-friendly chargers if portability is important to you. Keep an eye out for pocket-sized bricks that still offer a mighty charge.
- Wired or Wireless: every year, more phones are being produced with a wireless charging option. If your phone can charge wirelessly, you may want to think about choosing between a fast wired or wireless charger. Ultimately, a wired charger will produce a stronger current and charge your phone faster; however, wireless chargers can still be fast while adding a touch of convenience.
Best Overall: UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W Dual USB-C Charger
- ✓ Portable design
- ✓ Dual charging ports
- ✓ Intelligent safety systems
- ✗ No cable included
- ✗ Charging speeds reduced with two devices
If you’re looking for a fast charger that offers you everything you need, you don’t have to look any further than the UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W Dual USB-C Charger. This charger really has it all with a perfect combination of speed, portability, and affordability, and it should definitely be a top choice on anyone’s charging brick list.
The UGREEN Nexode clocks in at 45 Watts of charging power, giving you a day’s worth of power (around 50 percent) within 30 minutes. It’s also much smaller than most fast chargers, giving you the convenience of portability and allowing you to take it wherever you go. The built-in UGREEN Power Dispenser system automatically adjusts the power delivered to your phone, giving it the optimum amount while extending its lifespan. Built-in GaN technology also ensures a cooler charging experience without reducing the power. And as if it couldn’t get any better, UGREEN added two USB-C ports so you can quickly charge multiple devices at once.
If you’re looking for something a bit cheaper without cutting out the good stuff, you’ll definitely want to check out this Anker USB-C 45W Charger as well.
UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W
The UGREEN Nexode Mini 45W Dual USB-C Charger offers a fast charging experience everyone can enjoy.
Best Budget: AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger
- ✓ Great power for the price
- ✓ Durable design
- ✓ High Compatibility across Android devices
- ✗ Not as speedy as other fast chargers
- ✗ May not last as long as pricier bricks
Sometimes, you just need to cut through all of the bells and whistles to get what you really need. in the case of fast charging bricks, you’ll find the answer in the AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger. This brick delivers incredible amounts of power for a very modest price, making it perfect for the thrifty tech buyer.
With a total output of 20 Watts, this charger offers a greater charging speed than most other average chargers while being a fraction of the cost. Its USB-C port makes it compatible with all Android phones regardless of make or model, and it works solidly with any cord. AILKIN also added numerous safety measures to protect against overcharging and overheating without limiting the supply of juice to your phone. Overall, this is a very solid charging brick for a very good cost.
AILKIN 20W USB-C Charger
AILKIN's 20W USB-C Charger puts price at the forefront while still delivering the power you need.
Best Premium: Spigen 100W Dual USB-C Charger
- ✓ Insane power charges your phone in minutes
- ✓ Two speedy ports
- ✓ Foldable plug
- ✓ Intelligent power diffusion technology
- ✓ Two-year warranty
- ✗ Chunky build
- ✗ Pricey
If you’re someone who makes it their mission to never settle when it comes to buying tech, then you’re going to love the Spigen 100W Dual USB-C Charger. Spigen has made sure to give their buyers only the best without cutting any corners. With its 100 Watt rating, this brick truly puts the “fast” in fast charging, supplying you with a day’s power in mere minutes. In fact, it’s so powerful that it can even charge up laptops within an hour!
This durable brick is designed to withstand wear and tear, and powerful internal components keep it safe and cool while your phone charges. It also sports two USB-C charging ports to give you speedy charge to multiple portable devices. Perhaps the best part of all is that Spigen truly stands behind its product by offering an impressive two-year warranty.
Spigen 100W Dual USB-C Charger
Spigen created a top-tier charger that has no equal in price or power.
Best Fast Car Charger: AINOPE 36W Quick Charger
- ✓ Dual USB-A ports
- ✓ Qualcomm certified
- ✓ Solid metal frame
- ✗ No USB-C port
You’re always on the go, and you need a car charger that can charge as fast as you move. the AINOPE 36W Quick Charger is the portable car charger that you need.
With charging power that clocks in at 36 Watts, the AINOPE car charger offers greater speeds than many fast charging bricks. Juice up one device to 55 percent in less than 35 minutes, or use the dual USB-A ports to produce superb charging speeds for multiple devices. The metal body provides a smooth yet durable look, and the metal connectors offer a secure hold and rapid energy transfer. Built-in heat dissipation and overcharging prevention measures make sure you get ample power without any drawbacks.
AINOPE 36W Quick Charger
For on-the-go charging, AINOPE's 36W Quick Charger will keep you juiced up no matter where you drive.
Best Wireless Fast Charger: Belkin BoostCharge 15W Wireless Charger Pad
- ✓ Simple design with speedy results
- ✓ Can charge through plastic cases
- ✓ Comes with a 2-year warranty
- ✗ Slower than brick chargers
- ✗ Can only charge one phone at a time
Wireless charging is growing in popularity, but it still offers a slower charging experience.
The Belkin BoostCharge 15W Wireless Charger Pad is what you need to speed things up. This Qi-charging pad works perfectly with other Qi-enabled devices that accept 15 Watt wireless charging, and it delivers charging speeds greater than most other wireless pads.
Belkin’s design is small and lightweight, making it convenient to use your phone in just about any setting. Despite its size, the charging pad has the ability to charge through phone cases, so you won’t have to take yours off when you need some juice. An LED indicator lets you know your phone is charging. While the grippy surface keeps your phone from sliding off. The charger also comes with a four-foot USB-C to micro-USB cable to connect the pad directly to your computer or charging station. Fast charging is bound to be a breeze.
Belkin BoostCharge 15W Wireless Charger Pad
Belkin's BoostCharge has proven that wireless chargers can pack a mean punch in the fast charging realm.