If you’re looking to improve your home security, automate daily tasks, or just install some glamorous smart bulbs, now’s the time to start shopping. Amazon’s Prime Early Access sale is here, and with it comes major discounts on popular smart home products.
Note: The Amazon Prime Early Access sale runs from October 11th through the 12th. We will update this article as deals expire or go live. Be sure to check out the best Prime Day deals on Amazon products and Plex hardware.
Most of these deals require an Amazon Prime membership. If you aren’t already subscribed (or you recently canceled Prime), you can sign up for a 30-day free trial.
Best Deals on Smart Home Essentials
Do you need to stock up on the basics? Amazon is slashing prices on smart speakers, displays, thermostats, plugs, and even robot vacuums. Here are the best Prime Day discounts on essential smart home products.
- Amazon Echo Smart Speaker (4th Gen): $60 ($40 off)
- Amazon Echo Show 5 Smart Display (2nd Gen): $35 ($50 off)
- Amazon Echo Show 15 Smart Display: $170 ($80 off)
- Amazon Smart Plug: $13 ($12 off)
- Kasa Smart Plug (2-pack): $13 ($7 off)
- GE CYNC Indoor Smart Plug: $10 ($5 off)
- iRobot Roomba 671 Robot Vacuum: $180 ($170 off)
- Google Nest Thermostat: $96 ($34 off)
- Amazon Smart Thermostat: $42 ($18 off)
- ecobee Smart Thermostat (2022 Edition): $160 ($30 off)
I strongly suggest grabbing a smart thermostat if you don’t own one already. Not only will it help you save power, but it will automate your home’s temperature throughout the day, ensuring that you wake up and go to bed with comfort.
Kasa Smart Plug HS103P2, Smart Home Wi-Fi Outlet Works with Alexa, Echo, Google Home & IFTTT, No Hub Required, Remote Control,15 Amp,UL Certified, 2-Pack White
Stock up on some affordable smart plugs to automate the "dumb" products in your home, such as coffeemakers or lamps.
Amazon Smart Thermostat – ENERGY STAR certified, DIY install, Works with Alexa – C-wire required
Amazon's extremely affordable smart thermostat lets you schedule changes to your home's temperature. It can even respond to voice commands or routines through Alexa.
Best Smart Lighting Deals
There’s nothing better than colorful, customizable smart lighting. Now’s your chance to save big on smart bulbs, LED strips, and other excellent lighting products from brands like Philips Hue and Govee.
- Kasa Smart Color Bulbs (2-Pack): $17 ($8 off)
- Sengled Smart Color Bulbs (4-Pack): $42 ($18 off)
- GE CYNC Smart LED Light Bulbs (2-Pack): $16 ($8 off)
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Starter Kit: $144 ($36 off)
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Bulbs (3-Pack): $80 ($55 off)
- Govee RGBIC Smart LED Strip (32.8 feet): $20 ($16 off)
- Govee Lyra Smart Standing Lamp: $110 ($30 off)
- Govee Smart TV Bias Lighting Bars: $56 ($14 off)
- Govee Glide Hexa Light Panels: $160 ($40 off)
If you plan on building an elaborate smart lighting setup, I strongly suggest buying Philips Hue’s discounted starter pack. It includes three white smart bulbs, an adhesive smart switch, and a Philips Hue bridge to connect additional products.
Govee RGBIC LED Strip Lights, 32.8ft Smart LED Lights for Bedroom, Bluetooth LED Lights APP Control, DIY Multiple Colors on One Line, Color Changing LED Lights Music Sync for Gaming Room, Christmas
Govee's affordable and colorful smart lighting strip lets you add a bit of magic to any room. It attaches to surfaces using a built-in adhesive.
Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Medium Lumen (75W) Smart Button Starter Kit, Hub Included, 16 Millions Colors, Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit (New Version)
Kick off your smart lighting journey with Philips Hue's starter kit. It includes three white smart bulbs, a wireless smart switch, and a Bridge to connect additional Philips Hue products.
Best Smart Home Security Deals
Smart security cameras can alert you to suspicious movement outside your home, or even let you communicate with guests at your door. And with a smart lock, you can enter your home without carrying around a bunch of keys. So, check out these discounted smart home security products!
- Ring Video Doorbell Wireless (2020 Edition): $70 ($30 off)
- Ring Video Doorbell Wired (2021 Edition): $40 ($25 off)
- Ring Alarm 5-Piece Kit (2nd Gen): $140 ($60 off)
- Blink Mini Indoor Security Camera (2-Pack): $30 ($35 off)
- Blink Outdoor Wireless Security Camera (3-Pack): $140 ($110 off)
- Blink Outdoor 3rd Gen + Floodlight: $85 ($55 off)
- Blink Bundle (Doorbell, Two Cameras, Motion Sensor): $140 ($70 off)
- Eufy Smart Doorbell (Wired) and Chime: $80 ($70 off)
- August Smart Lock + Connect Wi-Fi Bridge: $128 ($72 off)
If you don’t own any smart home security products, I suggest starting with a simple video doorbell. It’ll alert you when someone’s at your door, and of course, it’ll catch footage of anyone who tries to steal your packages.
Ring Video Doorbell - 1080p HD video, improved motion detection, easy installation – Satin Nickel
Ring's affordable video doorbell is completely wireless, providing an easy installation. It alerts you when someone's at your door, and it saves footage every time it detects movement. Plus, it supports two-way audio so you can communicate with guests even when you're not home.
Again, the Amazon Prime Early Access sale runs from October 11th through the 12th. We will update this article as deals expire or go live.
Don’t forget to join our free newsletter for the latest product reviews, tech news, and killer discounts.