Think you have the perfect combination of product knowledge and writing skills? Want to work from home? We’re looking for a few experienced freelance writers to join the team at Review Geek.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for experienced freelance writers who can research products across a wide range of topics. One day, you might be looking for the best travel pillows, one day the best compact mobile keyboards, one day a list of awesome mother’s day gifts, and general coverage of cool new products and product news.
While you need not be an expert in all subjects, you must have experience using and writing about products of different types.
About This Job
This is a freelance position. We pay on a per article basis, and we’re looking for people that can contribute four or five articles per week that typically range from 800-1600 words each.
The work is freelance, with per-article compensation starting at $100 per article
You set your own hours and write articles for us on your schedule. However, we aren’t looking for people who only want to write an article now and then—flexible schedule or not, you’ll need the free time to write consistently.
Interested in applying? You’ll need to meet these minimum requirements:
- Experience writing reviews about products. Please send writing samples along with your resume.
- Good at editing images of all sorts, including everything from quick screenshots to product photo touch ups—we’re all about pretty pictures, and you’ll be in charge of stocking your articles with them
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Experience working in WordPress preferable
- You must be at least 18 years old and have a computer.
How to Apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Review Geek Writer and include the following in your email:
- Your name and location.
- Any previous experience you have with writing and/or blogging, particularly in performing reviews.
- Whether or not you are currently employed, and what you do if you are.
- A brief overview of the topics you are familiar with.
- Most Important: We want a writing sample. If you have previous writing to showcase, include a link to it in your email. If you have a personal blog, a forum account, or a commenter account from anywhere, feel free to include that as well.
We don’t have normal office hours or even an office, so you can be located anywhere. This is strictly a telecommuting job.