Can’t stop digging through the latest tech and gadget news? Have a way with words? You might be the part-time news writer we’re looking for.
We are looking for an experienced writer who will crawl news feeds, Reddit, and other cool sites looking for interesting and current things to talk about. Topics will be mostly tech and include smartphones, laptops, tablets, general gadgets, and beyond. You can also expect to cover some non-tech news too, so the ideal writer will be comfortable covering a wide range of topics.
This position requires collaborating with a team in a fast-paced environment. You’ll be finding the news as it happens, coordinating stories with our editors in Slack, and then writing up the new posts quickly.
This is a part-time, remote job. We need somebody who can work about 5 hours per weekday (five days per week) from around 9:00 am through 2:00 pm Eastern Time (US).
- Strong writing skills (with writing samples to prove it)
- Familiarity with and ability to keep up with news from multiple sources like RSS feeds, news feeds, Reddit, and other sites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in WordPress preferable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and deadline focused, with a get-things-done attitude
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Searching for and keeping up with tech (and some non-tech) news from a variety of sources
- Writing engaging news posts for the site based on what’s happening that day
About the Job
- Part-time. 9:00 am through 2:00 pm Eastern Time (US) every weekday. An estimated 25 hours per week.
- Remote work. You will be working from home and should have your own computer with reliable Internet access
- Must be legally allowed to work in the United States
How to Apply
Think you’re the person for the job? Head over to our job posting on ZipRecruiter and hit the big, green “Apply Now” button.